Get A Divorce

You can get a divorce in England or Wales if you’ve been married at least a year and your relationship has permanently broken down. When you have ready your divorce papers and filed them with the court, you will want to deliver your spouse a copy of the paperwork. Right after your spouse receives the divorce papers, he will then have a fixed timeframe to respond to your divorce papers. Records relating to some of these instances could be found in VPRS 282 Equity Case Files, Ecclesiastical Jurisdiction. If your spouse does not submit an answer to the court in the specified time frame—usually anywhere from 20 to 60 days-you might be in a position to request a divorce by default. Frequently, the court will merely not grant you a divorce just mainly because your spouse does not respond to your divorce papers.

Leave a Reply